answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to make an appointment to shop for tile, stone, or brick at The Thomas Brick Company?
- An appointment is not required, and both the Beachwood and Westlake showrooms have a vast collection of tile, stone, and brick to spark your imagination.
- If you would, however, like to make an appointment for a specific date or time, please call 216.831.9116 (Beachwood) or 440.892.9400 (Westlake).
What materials should I bring in before meeting with a sales associate?
- Please feel free to bring in pictures, samples, idea books, ads, cabinet doors, color swatches and more. Our website also offers inspiration galleries for all material types.
Do I need to have a designer or tile installer to purchase tile for my home?
- No, The Thomas Brick Company sells to the public, to interior designers, and to the trades.
- We can provide a list of contractors for your specific projects.
What kinds of material can I choose from?
- We carry a wide array of tile, stone, brick, and specialty items sourced from around the globe.
What is color variation and range?
- Tile, stone, and brick can have color gradients because of how materials are fired, glazed, blended or manufactured. Stone can have a range of color and motion as it is a natural product.
What time frame should I expect when ordering tile, brick, or stone products?
- Tile: 1 day to 6 weeks (for custom products).
- Stone: 3 days to 12 weeks depending on color and quantity.
- Brick: 3 days to 12 weeks depending on color and quantity.
Can I bring home samples of products? Is there a policy?
- Yes. Please see a sales associate for further details about borrowing and ordering samples.
How should I take care of tile and stone products after installation?
- All material has recommended installation and maintenance procedures. We carry a full line of sealers and maintenance products for all materials.
What is the return policy for materials?
- Return policies vary between manufacturers. Please ask a sales associate for further information.
If you have further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us by phone at 216.831.9116 (Beachwood) or 440.892.9400 (Westlake) or fill out the online form here.